Shimaguni is a logic puzzle published by Nikoli. A rectangular or square grid is divided into regions. The goal is to blacken some cells of a grid according to the following rules:
- All black cells in a region must be connected.
- A cell with a number indicates how many cells in the region must be blackened.
- In regions without a number any amount of cells may be blackened (at least one).
- Two regions with the same amount of black cells must not be orthogonally adjacent.
- When two cells are orthogonally adjacent across a region boundary, at least one cell must be white.
Cross+A can solve puzzles from 3 x 3 to 30 x 30.